Thursday, August 31, 2006

Go ugly early

Part of the reason the house goes to disaster so fast when my husband's gone...

I love projects.

Especially when I don't have to worry about what kind of mess I'm making.

He might come home to a repainted bathroom. Or landscaping.

I've been thinking about our closet.

First, I stained a piece of oak, drilled some holes, and put in pegs for belts, scarves, purses, etc.

Oh no, that wasn't enough.

Yesterday I put together a shoe rack.

We love shoes.

I found this at Sam's - it's actually two sets - three shelves each. Two sides x five slats x ten locking screws x 10 pegs = six shelves. The cherry stain matches our bedroom furniture, even though this is in the closet.

I'm sure in the end, I'll put them side-by-side.















Better go - saved the kitchen floor for when the kids were in bed...

2 comments:

MPPs Mom said...

i love putting things together too. But my DH gets all territorial about it and wants to do it instead.....lol...... I don't know how you find the time with three kids underfoot. Boy I admire you!

Gretchen said...

That's why I do it while he's gone! No interference...