Friday, March 31, 2006

Best Christmas Present

A tool box.

Moms and Dads - if your little girl ever asks for a tool box for Christmas (or her birthday, or just asks) get her one.

I use mine all the time.

See those two pictures above the fire place? I hung them. There are both centered and level. I did it my freaking self. Today I mounted two towel racks. Again, by myself. Right now, I'm off to finish the cornices I'm making for my bedroom. You guessed it - by myself. Why? Because I can.

Empower your little girl to try. She just might surprise you.

3 comments:

Builder Mama said...

You are the WOMAN! And I am so impressed that you have so much done already!

Girls rule, boys drool!

Liz

Lisa said...

i used to be able to do things like that. take on the projects without another thought. then i lived with a man for nine years and he wanted to do all that stuff, now i've lost my confidence. maybe if i actually go out and get some proper tools....

Tree said...

My dad gave me a toolbox as a graduation present from college. I still use it to this day. Actually, so does W! GREAT job, G!

Teresa