Thursday, May 25, 2006

The manual labor portion of the week is over.

Finally... Got the three trees 'redressed'. They look so pretty. I finished the last one today. Yee ha! My hands, arms and back are sore, but in a good way.

The 'Burb is loaded, waiting for the big girl to come home from school. We're headed to my parents for the weekend. Maybe relaxing, maybe not. Not sure if I'll check in - only dial-up in their neck of the woods. Nothing says relax like a few acres on a dead end road in the middle of Iowa.

Had an idea while digging the last trench - First Annual Memorial Day Three Day Triathalon. Day one - swim a mile. Day two - bike 25k. Day three- run a 5k. I know my dad would be up for it. Better call him and see if his bike tires have air.

I've decided how to get out of my funk. Training. Short term - run my 5k in under 30 minutes this summer. Long term - a marathon. Yup - 26.2 miles. I'll either do it this year or next. Just have to find one fairly local and start training. I know my dad will be up for it.

I said it. A marathon. I mean it.

2 comments:

Builder Mama said...

You go, girl! Hey, you know our city has one of the best marathons in the country...hint, hint....

Tree said...

Fantabulous, G!!! I will match you with the marathon, just give me about 12 months post-pg to prepare my body and mind for it.

You know, Grandma's marathon in Duluth is supposed to be great. And the Twin Cities is also supposed to be super!!!

Buildermama - you up for it? Or a half?

And, the 30 min 5k is completely do-able by the end of the summer.

Have a great weekend! I hope you are pampered. I am thinking "massage" for your back, arms, shoulders.