Friday, September 01, 2006

Who says you can't go home...

Will be heading post-haste to my parents for the weekend.

I have my shoes packed so dad and I can get a run or two in. He's got a four mile jaunt by the river he wants to take me on.

There's a wedding for a family friend. I baby-sat him and his sister. His mom baby sat me, and my sister, so I guess that makes us even.

Got a call from my mom today. Weird, because as a teacher, I never hear from her during the day.

She had a "spill" yesterday and is going in today for x-rays. She's sure she's "ok" but her knee hurts.

Knowing my mom, if she's going in to the doctor for it and took the day off, it's not good. I told her vicodin and percoset are good for pain. I'm such a good helper.

Hearing about my friend and what she's dealing with right now really hit it home...

Go home. Hang out with the family. Enjoy the day.

Happy weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Builder Mama said...

Hey G, hope your mom is doing okay. We don't need anymore drama in these parts, right????

Have a wonderful time.

Dan said...

Gretchen - you can't rename your blog! Nooooo!

Anonymous said...

Running four miles...with my dad.

None of that sounds good at all.

And poor your mom. Percoset and vicodin...sounds like a lovely combination!