Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Feels like Monday

Weekend Recap-
Mom's knee will be fine. The phys asst she saw thought at first she broke her kneecap. Xrays showed that was not the case, but did show Mom has a generative joint disease. Although there is no cure, exercise will help. Right now she has her knee wrapped; I was fully expecting a cast or something more frankenstien-esque.

Didn't get a run in with Dad. Apparently Thursday he was doing some speed work, and pulled a muscle in his hip. He was on his second six minute mile. My dad will be 61 in October. Rock on, Dad, rock on.

Kids had a great time - picked apples with Grandpa and made apple crisp. Went on Jeep rides. Played outside for hours.





























First day of school-
Today was the first day of first grade for my big girl. She was a little meloncholy last night, but perked up a lot today. Hard to believe the big yellow bus is coming for her.

























She had an awesome day! I'm so proud of her, and her teacher e-mailed me that she did a great job staying on task! WHOO HOO!!

Weight Watch Week 5
Down two, back to 200. Total of 3. After the big yellow bus, I took two kids to the gym in a very quiet car. No crying, no tears at dropoff. The Boy was proud to be Toddler's helper. After that we went to SuperTarget and stocked up on "school" snacks for Big Girl to take to school, and "healthy" snacks for me. Oh yea, and the Smart Ones. I do much better if I don't have to think about what to eat next.

Smartest Thing I Read Today
"The only thing I know with complete confidence is that the state of the world is a tangled web of perceptions, misconceptions and deceptions."

4 comments:

Rachelle Jones said...

Damn, you are one of the busiest women I know...

Unknown said...

Hey, I'm famous!

Gretchen said...

Army Wife... Thanks - I think! I do enjoy keeping busy.

Schloobie... not only famous, but one of the smartest, most well spoken people I know. Now, if only you'd turn on your comments ;)

MPPs Mom said...

WTG on the WW....keep it going. the not having to think about what to eat is so key! I can't wait to hear how you/they like the new schools! With two in school, what WILL you do with yourself (and baby girl, lol)......