Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Bathroom's done

Finished the bathroom Friday morning before the first round of company. A quart of each color would have been fine - had I only needed one coat. Unfortunately, covering carnival yellow took two. Had I been smart, I'd have pulled out the Kilz from the basement and used that as a base coat. Stuff stinks, though, and hindsight is 20/20.

The pink looks pretty disturbing in the photos, but much better in actuality.
Me again, covered by the flash... In the process of hanging the Eiffel Tower picture, it slipped and knocked the toilet paper holder off the wall. My biggest concern was for the picture. After storing it for almost four years, and just getting the broken glass replaced the day before, I finally had a place to hang it. It took about five minutes to complete a shitty patch job. I waited all of ten minutes before covering it with paint. "We" are trying to decide if "we" want to put a new holder up, or get a free standing thing. Right now I like that the almost two year old can't unroll the whole roll while sitting on the potty. Hmmm. May have to take that into consideration. Do need to sand down and re-work the area if "we" decide to go that route.

My husband asked, "I get the whole 'Paris Thing,' but what's up with the sea shells?" Nothing, other than I like the black frames and I didn't want to spend any more money on it right now. When I find something I like better, I'll replace it. "Oh."

This afternoon I put some shelves up in Big Girl's room so she can display her treasures and keep her dresser cleared up. Husband asked if I used drywall anchors. Nope, put it right into the stud, baby...

3 comments:

Builder Mama said...

Okay, just another example that we are twins separated at birth...

I have that SAME Eiffel Tower print hanging in my office. I'm looking at it right now. It gets the most comments from all the construction dorks of anything I have in my office (which is basically walls covered in modern art which they all despise because it's not ducks or ships or pictures of Robert E. Lee).

I'm having flashbacks to my old kitchen...same color scheme and I just adored it.

You go, girl!

Tanaya said...

I was right - BIG IMPROVEMENT. I like see all of your transformations.

Tree said...

Love it. Looks great. I vote for no new TP holder.