Wednesday, June 21, 2006

It worked!

My evil plan worked! The older two kids were in bed, asleep, by 9:15. The baby was asleep by 9:30! We got up at 8:30. Hurrah! Of course I couldn't get to sleep until after 2 am, due to the sleep in the morning, but I've managed without sleep before, and I can do it again.

They've had breakfast and I'm herding them outside now. A full day of playing outside, and we should be back on track.

My mother in law arrives this afternoon. It's not what you think - this was my idea. My husband's leaving tomorrow morning and will be back late Saturday afternoon. Saturday night is the neighborhood block party. Thought it might be good to have some help for that. I've got a stack of activities - for us to do as a group, and for me to do alone! Ha! I'll probably get more done in the next three days, as she'll keep an eye on the kids. Maybe it's time to tackle the laundry room Have a border, just need paint. I think my husband would love it, as that's his current "What-are-we-going-to-do-about-this-mess" room. Clean and organized laundry room? Wonder, though, how hard would it be to swap out the current sink in favor of another...

Today is the summer solstice - 15 hrs and 17 minutes of daylight here - the longest day of the year. Make the most of it!

No comments: