Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Playing with fire

As any parent can attest - some days you feel like you're playing with fire. Don't know what will set off the next screaming/kicking/I'm-not-2-yet-but-I-slept-at-a-Holiday-Inn-last-night fest. The last few days, with friends in town, the kids got a little off schedule. I've been working on easing them back to a more 'normal' routine. I'd like them in bed by around 9 pm. Sounds reasonable - right? I mean, we don't have to get up in the morning, so we usually don't get up until 9 or 9:30 am. Yes, I'm a night person. During the school year, it's much different. In the summer though, I'm a little more lax.

So yesterday The Baby decided to take a 2 1/2 hour nap late in the afternoon. Unusual for her, as they normally last about 1 hr to 1 hr 15 minutes. She was up until after 11 pm.

Today, she's getting a late, short nap. She has 10 more minutes, then up-and-at-em. I'm sure I'm in for quite a treat - squalling, mad almost-two-year-old. Hopefully, she'll be in bed around 9, and back on track.

No comments: