Thursday, July 19, 2007

Fussy.

I've been fussy the last couple weeks, and can't quite put my finger on it.

Maybe it's the incessant demands of the kids.

Or the whining.

Or the laundry, the sticky floors, the "can I have a freeze pop" snips that leave a mess on the counter.

But maybe, just maybe...

It's because I haven't been running.

I've run exactly three times since my marathon.

Three.

It's been a month.

It's been terribly nice not to 'have' to run, but the more the days go, the more I realize, I have to run.

Have to.

I feel like crap, I haven't been sleeping, and I'm generally fussy - just ask my kids.

So Tree, tell me... Is it Denver for the Half?

If it is, I need to get my ass, all of it, in gear.

6 comments:

Tree said...

G, you tell me -

Denver or KC. You choose. I am up for either one.

I completely & utterly know what you are talking about. My world is not right if I have not run - even a mile, sometimes, makes all the difference.

Tree said...

Okay - I am back. I just checked the Denver Marathon and they have capped it at 10,000 runners. So it appears that KC is where we are going!

Mark your calendar - October 20.

Tanaya said...

No running makes me twitchy and anxious. Must. Run. For. Sanity.

Builder Mama said...

I'm with Tree and Tanaya. Lack of exercise makes me one crabby mama. Not to mention my self esteem really takes a beating too.

I took about a month break after my last race. It's okay - I think especially after how grueling your race was, sometimes you have to not only let your body heal but your psyche too. Sounds like you're ready to jump back in!

Unknown said...

I am totally bummed it's nit Denver but you guys are gonna KICK TAIL in Kansas City!

Mayberrys said...

I don't run unless I am being chased, but DH has the same physical need to exercise. Without it, he's crabby as anything! I think its something to do with the toxins that build up in your muscles....
Anywhoo, good luck in Kansas City!