Monday, July 19, 2010

What to do today...

The older two are at church day camp this week. Gone from 8 to 3, they leave the youngest at a bit of a loss. Last night at bedtime, she informed me that I need to wake her up so she can tell them goodbye. Even though I knew what would happen, I still woke her up.

I woke her up and carried her downstairs while she asked me how long they'd be gone. Hours or minutes? How long Momma? How long? She solemly hugged them each goodbye and then raised her arms to be held. With big tears, she stood at the door waving as they left.

The tears left as quickly as they came. She's 'recovering' now on the couch, able to watch whatever she wants while I figure out the plan for the day. It won't be as willy-nilly as the rest of the week as we have an oral surgeon appointment for the oldest in the morning and a regular dental appointment for the rest of us this afternoon.

What to do, oh what to do.

There's laundry to be done, drawers to be cleaned out, and toilets to be scrubbed. There's also a baby blanket to be made and curtains to be figured out for the kitchen.

Sew or clean...

Hmm...

No comments: