Tuesday, January 06, 2009

I love a deal.

Yesterday, I ventured back to Joann's. After the last incident I was wary, but it couldn't be helped. All I wanted was some brown fabric to back yesterday's quilt. I ended up finding some robin's egg blue so that I could make another, but that's beside the point. Even better? The brown fabric I wanted was already on sale so I could use my (correctly dated) coupon on something else.

I walked up to the cutting table and to my surprise there was no line. None. Walked right up and the gal nicely asked if she could help me. I told her I needed 10 yards of the brown. Six for the backing and four more because I use it a lot. As she started carefully measuring out the fabric, the clerk noticed a few tiny (and I mean barely noticeable) flaws. She said she could give me the flawed yard for 75% off. Sure - I mean I wouldn't have even noticed it. That and it's "just" for the back and probably binding a couple other projects.

She kept measuring and noticing the itty bitty flaws. She asked the other gal cutting what should she do - the whole bolt was 'damaged.'

"Put it all as damaged for 75% off."

That being the case, I took the remainder of the bolt - all 16 yards.

The grand total?

$7.91

Better get busy!

...

2 comments:

Merrily Down the Stream said...

Like manna from heaven! You'd best be getting busy Girl!

Dysd Housewife said...

WOW! - I haven't sewn for years because I can't afford the fabric. And it seems that all the fabric I like are the expensive ones. Sounds like you got a screaming deal!