Thursday, October 09, 2008

I just need this day to be over.

There were several very good parts to the day:

We had a school conference for the Big Girl. She's doing great - above and beyond the call of duty.

I got the lining in the Indiana Jones jacket I'm making for the Boy. He is terribly excited - now I just need to find a suitable hat and holster for his gun.

My project list, though long, is at least written down now. That in itself makes me feel better.

But I did something today that, though unpleasant, needed to be done.

Upon noticing my pants were quite a bit tighter than usual, I stepped on the scale. This is not news to me, I have been noticing for quite a while.

There was a number there I have not seen since I was pregnant.

And no, I'm not pregnant.

I did take some what will hopefully become 'before' pictures before too long.

Tomorrow I start a regiment of faithful exercise and sensible eating.

Tonight, though. Tonight I'm nursing my wounds with a Sicilian Kiss and watching Mansfield Park.

"Life seems nothing more than a quick succession of busy nothings"


...

No comments: