Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Hump Day

I feel the need, the need for speed...

In my case, speed is questionable but nevertheless I headed to the track today for my speedwork day. Today's run called for five 400's at a 5K pace. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, since the last time I ran on a track was in High School. I aimed for a significantly faster clip than I normally run. My average time was 2:20.6. Pitiful if you compare it to what I used to be able to do, but magnificant today. Today being 84 degrees with 58% humidity. Another steamy one.



I'm tellin' you, man, every third blink is slower.

One of the ways we've found to amuse the kids on Saturday nights is a movie showing. The next door neighbor hooks up her projector, we select a DVD, and wait for it to get dark. The kids grab pillows, sleeping bags and snacks, and the adults grab a 'beverage' and a chair. The last showing was of Cars the movie. Though all of the kids had seen it before, there's something fun about watching it outside. Unfortunately, the picture doesn't do it justice. There were about 15 kids...


If you give a mom a minute...

Remember this? Yes, it's almost done - at least the pattern part. It's amazing what I can get done with the kids gone for 2.5 hours in the morning. I still need to figure out what I'm going to back it with. I'm thinking fleece and forgoing the batting. Not sure though. Also, I need to decide what color to quilt it together with. I have a couple ideas, but the person this is for reads here, and I kind of want it to be a surprise...

5 comments:

Mitzi Green said...

well, since it looks a lot like the color scheme i use in my living room, i would suggest kind of a burnt-gold color--go to surefit.com and look at their stretch pique slipcovers in "antique"--like that. it goes really well with the winey-red you've got going on. but then, you know how GREAT i am at decorating (and that i'm slightly color-impaired), so don't listen to me...

Tree said...

Without even looking here, I posted a very similar need for speed post today!!! Good job, G!!! You will be amazed at how speedwork really does help.

The quilt is gorgeous.

Mitzi Green said...

"the need for speed." that kills me, because i could use a little speed, and not the running kind... ;)

Tanaya said...

Congrats on the speed work. As for the quilt, do you ever have problems when sewing woven cottons with stretchy fleece? Mine always seemed to lay funny and pull.

Mayberrys said...

Perhaps the running will motivate me to get off my own ass and exercise....
The movie thing is COOL!! I think I am going to get one. What are the technical details (so the clueless techie knows what to say at Best Buy....)