Thursday, July 12, 2007

Clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere...

Clean up, clean up, everybody do your share!

My husband's been gone since Monday. As previous documentation states, the house is a mess.

I've finally finished my 'little' painting project - pictures to come tomorrow. One more piece to the puzzle (via a trip to IKEA) and it will be done.

I'm at a crossroads with the cleaning. Normally, it doesn't get to bad, the kids 'help' and everything gets done. I know they need to learn to pick up their messes, but this time I'd rather just do it myself.

This time, I've told them "basement or outside" and "once the room is clean STAY OUT!"

I've managed the laundry room, kitchen and most of the family room. I still have the dining room - which has slowly turned into craft room #2. I need to move the stuff downstairs. The laundry is whirling in the machines, and I have about 15 minutes left my bedroom to get it back up to snuff.

Nothing says lovin' like clean sheets.

I promised the kids tomorrow, that if they stayed out of my way today, we'd go see a movie.

So they don't have to clean and they get to go to the theater.


On another note...

Aimee has nominated me as a "Rockin' Girl Blogger" I'd insert the button, but the computer's not cooperating. Thanks so much! I think you're a rockin' blogger too!

Jen wants to know 7 random things about me:

1. I hate the sound of people kissing. Hate it. Unless it's me.

2. I always clean rooms clockwise, starting by the door.

3. I still use a nightlight.

4. I'm legally blind without contacts or glasses.

5. My dad taught me to drive when I was nine.

6. When my husband's out of town I check each door 3 times to make sure it's locked.

7. I'm a compulsive fabric shopper. I'll buy it because it's on sale, or it's just pretty...


Speaking of pretty... Here's stuff for my next project:

8 comments:

Mitzi Green said...

that IS pretty. the floral pattern almost matches my living room curtains.

speaking of curtains, you're still hired for that job--as soon as we find a friggin' house to put them in...

Unknown said...

gorgeous! :)

Karen said...

So, what are you making for me with that fabric then? I'll send the postal address when you're done - thanks muchly!!!

MamaMaven said...

Very pretty. Did you ever decide on a dress to make?

I am impressed with your cleaning ability and that you have a method--clockwise. I dig in, get bored, flit to something else...

Eve Grey said...

Ugh, i agree, the sound of other people kissing is sooooooo guhross.

Tanaya said...

Oooh, I like that. I miss sewing and buying fabric. I worked in a fabric store for over a year and sold a significant portion of my pile at the last garage sale. Two older ladies made off with a HUGE box of fabric for $5.00.

Mom O Matic said...

If I sewed as well as you I would buy loads of fabric. And don't you hate how you have to sacrifice one room to get another clean?

TxGambit said...

You rock.

I would buy fabric because its pretty too.... but I have NO skills at sewing. My grandmother tried forever but I just didn't get it.