Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Hump Day

First off... thank you for all the wonderful comments regarding my marathon. It brought tears to my eyes to see so many thoughtful responses!



Sometime last week, the kids and I sat down to figure out our 'plan' for the summer. So far we have two weeks of swimming lessons and a week of vacation bible school. Other than that... Not much. We decided to theme our days. Monday is craft day, Tuesday is errands and 'tidy' day, Wendesday is water day, Thursday it Tidy (for real) day, and Friday is fun day. I'm hoping that by having a little bit of a plan, we'll do and see some interesting.


Monday the kids made Tye-Dye tee shirts.

Tuesday we did pick up a little and the kids took turns vacuuming. Today we went to a local park and the kids played in the water. Granted, it's nothing like the ocean, but the kids still had a lot of fun.

This Friday, we're meeting our friends from down south (S&M) and their two girls. The guys are playing in a fundraising golf event Saturday. One of our friends, his brother's daughter was diagnosed with leukemia. Saturday, the guys are going to an Indy Car race in Newton, Iowa. Sounds like a lot of stuff for the guys to do. I don't mind so much. M and I can hang out at my parents while the kids roam outside. Because if you haven't figured it out, my parents are pretty neat people.

They'll then follow us up to our place and hang out for awhile. Not sure what yet we'll do, but I have a craft ready for Monday and I even got to use the drill...

2 comments:

Tanaya said...

I'm a firm believer in having a plan. Even if you don't always follow it, you have it and it will probably cut down alot on the "what can we do...I'm bored" and the fighting!

Unknown said...

I seriously want to come live with you.

Oh, and I took a pic with my cameraphone for you today. Check your email.