Thursday, June 14, 2007

Hump Day + 1

Focus...
It's Thursday, right? With the marathon two short days away, I'm starting to check things off my lists. Yes, that's right, lists. The madness started Monday when I realized that I only had five days to 'get ready.' And by get ready I mean laundry and packing for a family of five. So far, I've generated a list of to-do's around the house, to take to keep kids entertained, to bring in my survival kit during the race, to wear during the race, ad nauseum... Needless to say, I'm having a hard time staying focused.


We'd like you to...
Awhile back I did a product review on the Saturn Vue. It was a pretty cool gig - drive someone else's car with someone else's gas around town for a week. A couple weeks ago, I was contacted by someone in Detroit wondering if I'd like to sit in on a panel discussion and talk about my experiences as a blogger. Apparently someone had some pretty nice things to say about me. In the meantime, could I please send them a bio - just a few sentences about why I blog and how I got started. Um... Why? Because the voices in my head were getting too loud. Generally, I'm not at a loss for words, but this time I don't know quite what to say.

Shut the door!
Last fall, we knew the air conditioner was flagging. No biggie, just wait until spring. Apparently spring was rather short, because all of a sudden it's been in the 90's. Apparently that's pretty hot around here, or so we've been told. Called yesterday and said they could come out today between 11 am and 1 pm. In the meantime, we've kept the house open, and with a nice breeze it isn't too bad. Our service person arrived at 10:45 and was out by 11:00. Even better, it's nice and cool. Now, to get the kids to shut the door - everytime.



4 comments:

Rachelle Jones said...

good luck!!

you have worked soooo hard!!

Inspirational as always

Tree said...

I am thinking of you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the marathon! You can do it! I so admire you for training and accomplishing this goal. How wonderful!

Unknown said...

HOW DID IT GO????