Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I can not decide.

I can not decide which one I like better...


I have been in a bit of a funk this week. Though excited about the upcoming marathon (when that's over, what will I write about?), I'm nervous too. I'm doing my best to visualize a 'great' race, but my short runs this week have left me wanting. I never thought I'd be at a place that three and for mile runs would be 'short.'

Today I'll drag the kids to the fabric store to see if they have either one of these patterns. I already have the fabric.

6 comments:

Tanaya said...

I like the retro dress, but that bias tape on the one looks like it would be pain in the ass. It's been a long time since I have sewn something to wear. I wonder if I ever will again?

Tree said...

I like the lower one, the dress on the left with the slight v-neck the best. If not, I like the retro dress with the slight cap sleeves - I think they are very feminine. But not sure if I would like the skirt that full.

Training for the marathon, particularly in the last 6-7 weeks before, is all-consuming, isn't it? It is a wonder you have any energy, thought capacity for anything else. I remember.

Focus on the race. Visualization is good. Also, give yourself 3 or 4 goal paces, one for feeling fabulous, one for feeling good but not fabulous, one for feeling eh, okay, but not as great as you would like. It will assist you in the middle miles when your mind starts wandering away from the task at hand and you may entertain thoughts of quitting, etc. These miles are the worst, imo.

When are you leaving? Do you have your clothes laid out? Do you have your tunes selected? Do you have a mantra to chant while you are running? (like, "strong legs, strong mind" etc.?)

Unknown said...

Both are cute, but I think I like #2 better.

Hugs for the race!

Rachelle Jones said...

I like a full skirt, but am unable to wear one, I have noooooo waist...

so if you have a waist, wear the full skirt.

plus I cannot sew to save my sewl....

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I like the retro. I'm old fashioned that way.

Mom O Matic said...

Love the retro - so impressed you can sew clothing.