Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Leaving on a jet plane

But I know when he'll be back again.

My husband took off early this morning. The first number of the clock said 5, and I stopped looking after that. He'll be back Thursday around 8 pm. I want to say he's in Atlanta and then somewhere in California then home, but I can't remember. His travel tends to go in spurts, and right now it seems he's gone a lot.

Though it's not easy when he's gone, I do find ways to pass the time.

This morning the kids and I made 8 bean bags for the Boy's birthday party. The kids had fun filling the bags and playing with the beans. Once full, I got a box for them to toss them into, as I wanted them to stop throwing them at each other.

After nearly two months, I finally finished the curtains I'd started for The Big Girl's room. I also put together a king size pillow sham and a throw pillow out of the same fabric. She was so excited to pick out the fabric, and it does look pretty neat.

Seeing that, The Boy has requested curtains for his room. He currently has a room darkening shade, but apparently he wants fabric curtains like his sister. Friday we'll head to the fabric store so he can pick something out.

The Big Girl will be "Mary, Mary Quite Contrary" in the first grade rendition of "Mother Goose is Loose." A costume is required. The teacher said not to spend a lot of money, and just use something from home. I just may go scavenge the $1 bin while I'm at the fabric store and see if I can come up with anything. I'm thinking a long skirt of some kind and perhaps a bonnet.

Today being May Day, the kids and I will assemble a few baskets. And by baskets I mean disposable cups filled with popcorn and a few treats. Not many, just for some of the neighborhood kids. I'm thinking about 20.

Happy May Day.

2 comments:

Tree said...

What a lovely day! And a great idea for the neighborhood kids.

How is the girl scout leader gig going? I think you must be super at it.

Pics of the curtains?

Mitzi Green said...

while you're at it, make some curtains for bob's room. and my room. i'll give you money.

i still think you should move to kc and be my personal designer.