Monday, March 19, 2007

Product Review: Blink and it's Done!

I swear he giggled.

My husband.

I opened this box and showed him what my next product review would be.

"For your car, right?"

Yes, for my car.

As most any mom can attest, the car becomes a dumping ground any time kids are involved. It's not that we want it that way, it just seems that we're so often caught up in getting from the next errand or activity, that the car becomes sorely neglected. My husband practically shudders when we take my car.

As I opened this box, I could practically hear the angels singing. We all know, of course, that products don't clean themselves. But there's something to be said for have the products at hand when needed. A crumpled napkin does not do a very good job when your Diet Coke can explodes.

The first thing I noticed about the Blink products is the compact size. They're meant to clip on to the back pocket of your vehicle. I worried that the kids would get a little over ambitious, so I put them in the pocket on the driver's side door. Still close by, but away from little hands.

I did clip the the Trash Tossers on the back of the seat. With a bag hanging, the kids could now be in charge of their own trash. It is so nice to have a place to put it, rather than relying on remembering a plastic grocery sack. The kids were able to put thing in there as they needed, rather than me doing a massive clean when I can no longer stand the mess.

The Spill Grabbers and Mess Lifters go hand in hand. Over the weekend, we moved the car seats so other people could sit. If you have kids, you know what I mean by "move the car seats." Disgusting. I used a wet Mess Lifter to wipe down the seats, and a dry Spill Grabber to dry it off. Sure, the Spill Grabbers also do an excellent job of absorbing wet messes, like a Shamrock Shake, but desperate times called for desperate measures. In a short minute, the seats were ready to go.

The Tidy totes are a set of drawstring mesh bags ment to sort the various items moms seem to be required to carry. I found one very handy to throw my running shoes in; now they're not rattling around in the back. Another is holding the kids' toys, stashed under the seat. The other two are just hanging out, waiting for their assignment.

They only product that I would change is the Smudge Cleaners. I found the wipes to be a bit small, and there was some streaking as well. The idea is fantastic, though - a little squirt bottle with wipes held in the case.

Overall, these products are great. Honeywell seems to get that moms don't have a lot of time to mess around in the car. Using the mantra of many moms, "just take it as it comes," they hit the nail on the head with this one. I only wish I'd had them with me last time I drove my husband's car. You know, that Diet Coke can that exploded?

Parent Bloggers Network

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sound like good products to have in the car. We use wipes for everything and will probably still be buying them when our children are 16!

Out of curiosity- How is it that you get to try and review products? I would love that gig!!

Tree said...

These sound very useful! So are they on the market now? Where????

Gretchen said...

leeanthro - I know, we always have a pack of baby wipes in the car. As far as the gig, one of my friends started www.parentbloggers.com - just lucky I guess!

Tree - They're available now at Wal-Mart and this month will start being carried by other mass merchandise outlets - Target, CVS, Walgreens, Sears, etc.

Unknown said...

Ha, Joansey's Mom My Van post is timely then too! ;)

g-man said...

H did the same products. As a Honeywell employee, I say thanks for the kind words. I was surprised that it was Honeywell who made the things. I thought we were more aircraft engine parts and thermostats, not so much wipes, who knew?