Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Fine Dining

Do you ever have one of those nights, you're just about asleep and an idea hits? Then you're up pondering the possibility for several more hours?

Here's the thing. I watch way, way, way too much 'design' tv. Too much. Too many before and afters. And I get just a little envious. Envious that they have a professional designer, organizer, and a Hottie mcHot to do all their 'wood working.'

I've decided to go, one room at a time, and change the things I don't like. Rather than spend a lot on even more stuff, I'm going to use what I already have. Move things around a bit. Repurpose. My goal is to do each room for under $100.

The first room I'm conquering, is the room we probably use the least, but it's the first thing people see when they walk in the house. The dining room. It's become a bit of a dumping ground:


Looking in from the front door.


Looking in from the kitchen.
I've come to the point that I don't really 'see' the room anymore. I already have a couple thoughts for this room. Will be posting 'after' pictures soon.

3 comments:

Tree said...

What a fabulous idea, Gretchen!!!

I love the shows where they do things like rearrange, repurpose, etc., and the effect is dramatic (or subtle).

Cannot wait to see pics. Love the color of the walls and the wood finish, though.

g-man said...

Heh heh she said wood working... :)

You and H both!!!! Food TV and/or house re-doing that is what is on in out house. I think that you have the right attitude when it comes to that. A budget and one room at a time, you go girl. I look forward to the "after" shots. Maybe you can get your hubby to film you and you can make your own utube thing.

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see! I love those show too (back when we had cable).