Thursday, February 22, 2007

Pretty in Orange.

Tomorrow, they will be mine.


Well, I'll be ordering them anyway.

Since I've had my third child, I noticed that I need a larger shoe for running. Now, rather than the elusive 12, I need a fugacious 13.
Enter zappos. Finally, I place I can search by size. Finally, I place that has larger than an 11.

Plus, free shipping.

That, and they're not ugly. Well, at least I don't think they are.

And really, who doesn't like new shoes?

Over the last couple days, I've noticed I'm looking a bit different, better. Not so much because I'm losing a little bit of weight, but because what I have is more toned. My jawline is coming back, my shoulders aren't as rounded, and my legs are getting their definition back. Not a lot, but I can tell. This morning I was in the bathroom getting dressed, and my husband walked in. He gave me 'the look.' You know the one I'm talking about. Uh huh. I still got it.

This morning I also broke my self imposed 'little while' of low carb. I broke down and had a Eggo waffle with a little peanut butter. It was, oh, like a little bit of heaven. Lunch was 'light' bologna and cheese sandwich. Even better. I'm back to watching calories, fat, carbs and the ever important Fiber.

On to fiber. One of my favorite sources right now are Tumaro's "Low in Carbs" Garden Vegetable Gourmet Tortillas. Try saying that three times fast. 100 calories, 2.5 g fat, 7 g protien, 12 g carbs, and the amazing 8 grams dietary fiber. That would make the 'net' carbs 4. 12 g carbs - 8 g fiber = 4 g net carbs.

Eight grams of fiber is equivlaent to 31% of the 'average' requirements for an individual. The American Dietetic Association suggests a recommended intake of 20 grams to 35 grams of fiber a day. Fiber has all sorts of wonderful health benefits, including agreeable bowel movements.

But.

Unless you are a glutton for punishment, and by punishement I mean trying not to crap your pants, don't eat more than one or two a day.

Case in point.

Yesterday morning breakfast consisted of a scrambled egg and two egg whites, chopped bell and red peppers, mushrooms and a little cheese on a tortilla. Lunch was a can of tuna, drained well, with a tablespoon of light mayo, chopped celery and water chestnuts, and lettuce - on a tortilla. For dinner I had put three chicken breasts in the crockpot with 1/2 cup salsa. Cooked for several hours on low, then shredded chicken. Strained out the 'sauce' and stirred in 1 T cornstarch mixed with 2 T water. Brought to a boil and put the sauce on the shredded chicken. Enter two chicken tacos with lettuce, tomato, cheese, sour cream and taco sauce, on yes, the fiber missile.

To say I feel lighter today would be an understatement.

Live and learn.
Hey, at least I have new shoes to look forward to.

7 comments:

Tanaya said...

I love those tortillas, too, but am relieved (pun intended) that I haven't had any gastro-intestinal distress from them. Nifty shoes. I'm in the market for a new pair myself. Always a New Balance girl in a no less fugacious 10.

Mitzi Green said...

as long as you don't poop on them...

speaking of waffles, that's what i've had this week for breakfast. eggo makes a special k waffle that has only 60 calories per waffle. and aunt jemima butter lite syrup is goooooood.

LID said...

Cool new "kicks" G! You're certainly stylin' now!

MamaMaven said...

I tried on those shoes and would have been in love, if only they'd had the 11!

I found the South Beach Diet wraps with similar stats this week and have been gobbling them up, will have to try and find these!

Unknown said...

orange is the bestest color in the whole widest world.

sillychick said...

I have got to find these tortillas for my, um, current condition.

I've only got 4 more pounds to go before I get to buy pretty new shoes!

Mrs. Wheezer said...

Another New Balance fan here!

Those tortillas sound great... now if only I can get Mr. W. to agree to high fiber alternatives.