Friday, February 23, 2007

Friday Roundup

Here's a sign that I'm doing something right... The boy and the neighbor boy were playing outside. The weather's been unseasonably nice and a lot of the snow has melted.

Melting snow + soft ground + two boys with shovels = mud.

They played and played, doing whatever it is boys do while they play. H0w could I be mad really, aren't kids supposed to get dirty when they play? I called him in, saw him start home, and turned back to whatever it was I was doing. After a few expectant minutes, I looked out to see him waiting on the back step, needing help getting his boots off. Outside. Because he didn't want to come in the house and make a mess. What a nice surprise. The boots have been relegated to the garage, until they can be cleaned off or just wait for the next muddy day.

It's been a busy day. Expecting a foot of snow between now and Monday. The wind is howling and the temp is dropping. I spent the morning at Sam's and the grocery store. Though it will be unlikely that we can't get out, knowing that we don't have to is nice. For all practical purposes, the only things we'll need for the next two weeks are milk and bread. I guess I'm still not far from my primordial roots, feeling the need to gather and gather and gather, hoping to stave off starvation.

MILF:
As I stated yesterday, I'm beginning to notice a difference. Though the scale sure didn't show it. I gained half a pound. It didn't help that last night two of the neighbors called at 7:30 pm wanting to know if I could come out to play...

Weekly: +.5
Total: -5.5

Running:

This week I kicked up the intensity a bit. Looking now to not only get it done, but do a little better each time. Saturday brought a 6 mile run. I accomplished this by having my father in law drop me off at the gym. Did two miles on the treadmill, lifted a few light weights, then proceeded home for the remaining 4 miles. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday I did three miles each on the treadmill.

Mileage this week: 15
Mileage to date: 24

A big thank you to Tree for sending me her killer playlist, to GreebleMonkey for burning me two cd's with a bunch of songs I've never heard of, and to Mitzi who I'm sure will send me something as soon as I get her my snail mail address...

5 comments:

Dan said...

hehehe niiiice boots - Jaysens looked like that yesterday. He managed to do that in the 15 minutes it took to walk to school.... He wasn't allowed in class with them on.

Unsurprisingly!

Momish said...

How rewarding to know that your son has such respect for your wishes and consideration of your hard work. WOW! That is an accomplishment! As well as a sign of great character in your son! Hope your weekend is good in spite of the pending storm.

greeblemonkey said...

But of course, my dear! :)

Julie Pippert said...

.5 is margin of error, or as Lotta would say "a poop away from maintaining."

Great story about your boy!

Heather said...

What a sweet boy. Looks like he had a great time. I was going to quote Lotta as well. Its probably the drink or two with the neighbors.

Congrats on the running!