Monday, December 18, 2006

Almost caught up

Ever have one of those weekends where you didn't do anything in particular, but you felt like you accomplished a lot?

Friday, my husband took a couple hours off and went to the Big Girl's school to make "gingerbread" houses out of graham crackers, frosting, and sugary treats. Unfortunately, the teacher forgot to have the kids keep their milk cartons from lunch. They tried using a plastic cup, but our fell apart before it even got home. What a sniffly mess the girl was. "We worked so hard on it!" I promised I could fix it or we'd make another one. True to my word, Sunday we all made one. My husband almost hyperventilated at the mess, but they had such a good time.

Saturday Husband and I took time to do a quick go-through of the gifts and figured out where we are deficient. I then ran of for a little 'me' time. The long and the short of it - got a hair cut. A lot. Talked to the gal that did my hair, and she said that the ends were a crispy, and to have enough to donate for Locks of Love, I'd practically be bald - or I'd have to let it grow out more. So in true selfish fashion, I told her to chop away, but leave enough for a pony tail. No Locks of love this time. It is really cute, though. I told her to give me a style that wouldn't need a lot of maintenance, but would still have style. Plus, she colored it down quite a bit - to what I call my winter color.

I'm down to one project to finish - for the Big Girl's teacher. I should be done tomorrow night. We picked up our bottles of Bailey's for friends/neighbors on Saturday before we took the kids bowling. They had such a good time, and after having my husband gone all week, it was good to have some time as a family. Plus they looked really cute in the shoes.

I finished getting the cards ready and will get them in the mail today along with three more packages.

Sunday I got the bags made for the Bailey's bottles. I'm too cheap to buy a gift bag (9 x $2.50 or so) when I can purchase fabric (on sale - 2 yards x $2 = 9 bags) and sew some up. It only took an hour, and they look pretty nice if I do say so myself.

We kind of piddled through the weekend. We were never really in a rush to do anything. After having my husband gone all last week, it was nice to be able to relax, but still get plenty of things done. I finally feel like I've crawled out of the hamster wheel - instead of going round and round, I'm making some progress.

Today I'm going to finish up my shopping. Luckily, the Toddler is still young enough I can slyly shop in front of her. Next year, I won't be able to do that...

No comments: