Tuesday, October 17, 2006

It must be that time of the month.

The last couple of days I've noticed a couple different posts that make me chuckle. This and this (scroll down to Extreme Tampons).

The idea of "High Performance Tampons" make me laugh. Really loud. Don't these people realize that many high performance athletes cease menstruation? That the average consumer isn't looking to run a marathon, play in Wimbledon, or kick Gabby Reese's ass on the volleyball court while she's having her period? Or not? Talk about a niche market. "I think I have my bag packed: sports bra, shoes, socks, my UnderArmor... oh yea - better grab the High Performance Tampons, never know what I'll be doing today!"

Ever since my monthly membership card at the age of twelve, about one day a month I just want to curl in a ball. More specifically, curl in a ball, eat mint chocolate chip ice cream, watch sappy movies, and have someone rub my feet. And whomever said, "It gets better after kids" is lying. Liar, liar pants on fire. Getting off track...

To make girls comfortable with it, to know that half the population has dealt with it directly - and the other half indirectly - is one thing. But, I don't understand the need to make having a period "cool" or "hip." Unless you're sixteen and it means you're not pregnant. That's another post for another day...

4 comments:

Tanaya said...

There are a lot of people out there with way too much time on their hands.

Mitzi Green said...

i saw that commercial and it made me laugh like a beast. but i've been on depo provera for a year and a half, and haven't had a period since i don't know when--now THAT'S cause for celebration!

Joe said...

Perhaps they could come up with EXXXXTREME tampons for the Mountain Dew set.

meno said...

And don't forget the skimpy white shorts, those are required when you are having your period.
High Performance Tampons! *snort*