Wednesday, July 19, 2006

It's done.

I've sent it to the printers. The cookbook I've been working on (well, off and on) for the last five years is done. I've asked for one copy, and will check for any more glaring errors. If none are there, I'm printing them off and sending them out.

This one's for you, Grandma. You don't remember, but you were a fabulous cook. Thank you for inspiring me to cook. Day after day. Reading the recipes I have a new appreciation for you feeding your family of five during a much different time. No microwave, no takeout... But you kept cooking. Good food too. Recipes that we still use...

My grandma -1938

2 comments:

MPPs Mom said...

how wonderful!
i know it's been a labor of love for a while now. what a great sense of accomplishment you must feel. Any chance you have recipes you can share with the rest of us?

Unknown said...

I think the recipe book is so wonderful If I could actually cook and/or we had more than a handful of family recipes, I would steal the idea.

Oh, and grandma is HOT!