Thursday, June 01, 2006

On the road again

On the road again
Just can't wait to get on the road again
The life I love is makin' music with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again
On the road again
Goin' places that I've never been
Seein' things that I may never see again,
And I can't wait to get on the road again.


This will be the third weekend in a row we've been gone. The third weekend I'm packing up three little people and me. The third freaking weekend. I just want to be home.

Is that a step in the moving process? Where you call your new location "home"?

Traveling with three kids can be a challenge. We're going as far as my parents tonight (3 hrs) and tomorrow heading to the inlaws (3.5 more hours). I have plenty of snacks and movies. How did people travel before portable DVD players? "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" I know it can be done. Saturday brings a golf outing for my husband and father-in-law, and Sunday we'll blast back home. (There, I said it again.) Long way for golf, but we haven't been to his parents since we've moved. I guess it's time. Do have a lunch date with a friend down there - late - like during nap. Maybe we'll go get a pedicure.

Speaking of pedicures... I'm thinking I "need" one once a month. Really. I'm not asking much. I don't buy much makeup. I buy inexpensive shampoo and conditioner at Target. I get my hair cut twice a year and colored once a year if I'm lucky. I'm feeling the need to be a little more 'girly' - plus - sandal season is coming up.

Kudos to my friend Tree for sending a super playlist! Yea! You rock! Speaking of Playlists... need to figure out how to create one on the ipod, and how long will it flash "Do Not Disconnect"?

1 comment:

Tree said...

You definitely deserve a pedicure/month!!! My goodness, woman, that's the least you deserve.

Working on the playlist for you.