Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Wednesday

I really can't think of anything interesting to post today.

Oh wait... Yes I can...

Started my 5k training - I have 6 1/2 weeks until race day. I'm using Hal's Novice training program. I could probably do the Intermediate, but for now, I'm content with Novice status.

Yesterday I listened to Hoobastank while running my 1.75 miles. Today, I did the elliptical for 30 minutes and listened to John Mellencamp and Jonny Lang. At some point, I'd like to make a playmix for the ipod. I'd also like to find some 'new' music. When I have time... Right. Suggestions welcome.

Also, next year I'm doing the "Marathon to Marathon." Not to far from home and I have family at the finishing town. Again, Hal to the rescue with his Novice marathon training. I figure I'll have to start around the first of the year to be ready. I'll spend between now and then getting ready to start training. I'd like to be up to 15 - 20 miles a week and down to about a 9 minute mile.

3 comments:

Tree said...

Fantastic, G! I know you can do it.

Also, need to focus on one thing at a time. Build your base. Then focus on getting a bit faster. The dreaded treadmill is awesome for getting faster.

I am super excited for you and love to hear about your progress!

Teresa

Tree said...

Oh and forgot to say, I have some awesome mixes courtesy of Riofish.

Builder Mama said...

You go, girl!

I could make some suggestions, but only if you're into 80's hair bands.

Yes, I'm pathetic.