Monday, June 05, 2006

Home again

Hey Mr Grump Gills
You know what you gotta do when life gets you down?
Just keep swimming
Just keep swimming
Just keep swimming swimming swimming
What do we do we swim, swim, swim
OH HO HO
How I love to swim
When you WAAAAAANNTTT to swim you want to swim

Make it back in six hours flat. 410 miles, two stops, three kids, six hours. Should have taken seven, but the kids are good travelers. Not that I didn't want a stiff vodka tonic when we got home, but it was a good trip.

Friday had a great run with my dad - I only did two miles, but that's what my day had in store. A quick run to the corner and back, on a hot day - just like old times. I wish I knew how many times I ran to that corner. Dad ran four more later that day. Left to the inlaws later in the afternoon, and arrived around 6:30. Saturday morning, went to the neighbors pool with the kids. They loved it. In the afternoon met up with an old friend. Hi M! We had a quick bite, searched for a Payless, and the got pedicures. Pretty toes once again. Sunday we took off at 9:30 and arrived home at 3:30. Nice to be home.

Today the quest starts again on working on the lawn. Not so much for perfection, but for order. I like order in my world.

No comments: