Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Back on the wagon.

Slowly, but surely, I've let ten pounds creep back on. That puts me 25 away from where I want to be. Nothing drastic, just eating more and exercising less. I'd like to say it's the stress of moving, uprooting myself, and the like but there are no excuses really.

Last night, my parents came by and we watched the finale of "The Biggest Loser". We've been following the show, and it's been pretty inspiring. To watch the finale, seeing how all but one of them have made and continue to make life altering decisions, was very inspiring.

I didn't wake up inspired, but rather was inspired when I opened the fridge. Staring at me was 1/4 a Cookies and Cream pie Husband bought from the cheerleaders. It looked so good and I would have liked nothing better than to grab a fork and have it for breakfast. Instead, I dumped it in the sink and watched the garbage disposal have it for breakfast.

I've struggled with my weight, and the issue of weight, for almost almost as far back as I can remember. To see these people overcome their fear, find out who they really are, and succeed... I want to be the "Results not typical." I have got to keep trying.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i watched the show too. Simply amazing and inspiring!

You can do it G!!! You are a beautiful person either way though.

Meredith said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

That was a great way to start your day, G! WTG!!!

I have always struggled with my weight, continue to do so now, and it is a daily battle. Complete sympathy.

T

Unknown said...

Rock on, girl. I've got 20-25lbs to go too. I plan on just maintaining through the holidays and then working my butt off. But I am here for ya if you need convincing that more cream pies need to go down the drain.