Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thursday...

Why is it you can never find the right box when you need it?

This went in the mail earlier this week:
A childhood friend and his wife lost their baby at 27 weeks.  This is the second son they've named and buried.  Seeing a picture of an 18" casket about did me in.  Another friend lost her 20 year old son to suicide a few months back.  As a parent it is hard not to internalize 'what it if were me'.  

Both are too far to deliver a meal or a shoulder to cry on.  It is hard to know what to do when tragedy strikes.  Hard to know what to say.  But still wanting to do something,  I sent a care package of something I hope will bring some small measure of comfort.

...

On the upside - things have been a bit busy around here.  I never thought I'd be one of those moms - running three directions at the same time, but here I am.  Tonight we have:

3:45 - 4:30 - Oldest has Math Club at school
4 - 5 Youngest has dance
6 - 7 Oldest had dance
6 - 7 Youngest has Soccer (just a few more weeks!)
6:20 - 7:20 - The Boy has hockey.

Thursday has therefore been dubbed "Crock Pot Night".  While the kids were eating breakfast, I was busy browning meat for chili.  Meat, seasoning, tomatoes both as sauce and diced, and a couple cans of beans - though by no means gourmet, it is something hot and ready from 5 - 8. 

...

Finally - after six long years of being home, I am now employed as a substitute teacher!  Whoot!

No comments: