Thursday, December 17, 2009

This and that

The last of the packages are in the mail...

Sweet sleeping bags for American Girl Dolls...


They are so much fun to make. No two are exactly alike - I am not that good with sizing.

The dresses I posted the other day have found good homes. Thank you so much for taking them off my hands.

...

Today I was planning to make more cookies. Right now I have gingersnaps and chocolate (that need to be frosted) shortbread. I also made fudge and Anise candy. The kids are in near heaven, but I have had no more that 1/4 of a cookie.

I'm still sticking to South Beach. So far, I've surpassed my expectation. Usually I get a few pounds down, decide it's 'good enough,' and go back on the food binge. Not so this time.

It's a funny thing. Usually this time of year I'm putting just about any food in my mouth multiple times. Not so. Not that it doesn't sound good, but I'm just trying to make it though one day at a time. So far I've been successful.

...

The gingersnap cookies are my maternal great grandmother's. Dare I say they made my husband nearly moan? The fudge is my paternal great grandmother's. I can barely keep my oldest out of it. It's what she wants to give her teacher for Christmas. The anise candy is my paternal grandmother's. The chocolate shortbread? Nigella. Right now we are in a 'don't ask don't tell' on how much butter I'm using.

A big part of the holidays to me is not only keeping tradition, but creating new ones.

What are some of your favorite traditions - food or otherwise?

...

2 comments:

Sissy Jogger said...

You are totally rocking out, sista! Can't wait to see you guys at New Years!

PS - I started a training blog. . .

Tree said...

Good job!!!