Sunday, November 08, 2009

Room fit for a boy

When we decided to buy this house, we thought the bedroom situation out. I had it all planned out in my head.

Unfortunately, the boy did not agree. Upon inspecting the upstairs, he claimed the loft above the garage.


To get to his room he has to go through either the guest room or his sister's room and the bathroom. He doesn't seem to mind.



He's built a fort by his window seat more than once. That and it has a storage bin under the second section. That's for storing the blankets.

There's also this fantastic built in for his treasures. And his laundry. No closet though. Not much of a problem as how many hanging clothes does one seven year old boy need? He uses the guest closet.




I think he looks pretty happy.

5 comments:

Tree said...

heck, *I* like the room and I am not a 7 yo boy!

mayberry said...

Me too! Something about those sloped ceilings and the built-ins!

Nat said...

What a great space...

Seems to stimulate the imagination.

Anonymous said...

I love that he has his 'animal' skin rug in his room!!! whee:)

-Aunt D

Karen said...

I'm so jealous!!