Friday, August 15, 2008

Like the whirling dirvish they are, they returned...

In one fell swoop, my house returned to normal. Fortunately Grandma and Grandpa returned them fairly well rested and with a bag full of clean clothes.

They had a great time. Fishing, hanging out in the hot tub, visiting their cousins, fishing, going to a baseball game, making play clay, hitting golf balls, fishing, hanging out in the hot tub, reading books, shooting the bow and arrow...



As nice as it was to have the house practically to myself, I'm glad they're home. Sure, my husband was still here, but he went to work during the day.

I did manage to get all three rooms cleaned out. The totals? Seven big black garbage bags of trash. Ten paper bags of clothes to go to my sister. Emptied the Dyson twice.

Lest you think my children are messy... More like miniature hoarders. Hey, they learned from the best of them.

Now, if the house would just stay as clean when there here as when they're gone...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it when he stays with the GPs and he comes home having had a great time AND with a bag of clean clothing. :)

Mostly I love it when every one is where they should be.

TxGambit said...

It sounds a lot like my house! I have a tiny house and I can't imagine how we collect so much stuff.

Glad they had fun! Clean clothing always good.

Lauren @ mostly i run said...

I'm a hoarder too. Can you come over and clean my house?

:)