Monday, March 03, 2008

Monday odds and ends.

And the winner is...
Jenn in Holland. Please contact me with your address and I'll get it shipped right away.

This time, I used a random number generator to determine the winner. I'm thinking I should have a monthly drawing. They're quite fun for me, and I love to see the lurkers come out to play.

Apron Swap.

I put my apron in the mail, and received mine last week...


To Judy, my amazing swap partner. I can't thank you enough. The apron and 'extras' I received went above and beyond the call of duty. I love the dishcloth attached with buttons - so very clever! You made my first swap experience something I will treasure! Thanks so much!

On the road again.
We were driving home from a birthday party yesterday, and I was mentally tallying my WIP's (Works in Progress). My plan was to spend the week, weeding through them and either finishing them or letting them go. Until my husband uttered those seven little words, "Remember, I'll be in Seattle this week." What does that mean? Quilt time! Whoot!

I ordered a jelly roll from Quilt Kits and Quarters last week - "Strawberry Lemonade."

Here it is washed and pressed:
For those of you not familiar with a Jelly Roll (of fabric) - it's 40 - 2.5" strips of fabric by width. All of these coordinate with each other - they're all from one fabric collection. Can I say that I'm in love with this idea?

Now, better get to work...


...

7 comments:

Jenn in Holland said...

Ohmigosh! I can't believe it! I am so excited about that. Thanks so much!
Woooo-hooooooo!

Tree said...

Oh my goodness!!! That jelly roll is gorgeous!!!!!

LOL about the gift dh gave you. You are a glass half full type of person. I could give you a WIP report form, since that is the guts of my financial statements... You could provide dh a status of your accrued work and income that way. (yes, I am a geek)

The apron is great! The towel part is genius!

Mitzi Green said...

i really, really wish i could do stuff. alas, i'll just have to be pleased with myself for getting our file cabinet and desktop organized yesterday...woo-hoo...

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

You are freaking adorable!

Unknown said...

Jenn in Holland rocks and YOU ARE SOOOOOO CUTE!!!

Karen said...

Ooh, I love the jelly roll fabric.

Must say you're looking very sexy modelling that apron. Will we see you draped over the kitchen counter with the next one, lovingly caressing the side of your fridge, wearing nothing but your apron ;0) ?

Jen said...

CUTE!!!

as always in awe of your craftyness...Can I be you when I grow up? I need to find me some gnome fabric and have you whip me up something :)