Saturday, January 26, 2008

Saturday


I finally feel like I'm on the mend. Unfortunately, my husband's now laid up with it in bed. He even told me today, "I don't know how you did it..."

Today was the first day in a week I've done more than the bare minimum. I lived in a perpetual state of bed-head, showering only to put on socially acceptable pajamas for preschool and dance class drop-offs. I subsisted on Diet Coke, Gatorade, Pizza flavored Goldfish crackers, and Tylenol Cold. Though not my first choice in how to lose seven pounds, I'll take it.

Yesterday was a teacher workshop (no school) day, so I took the kids to a 3:10 matinee. By the time I got dressed (and put on a bra for the first time in a week) and drove there, I thought I would have to call my husband to drive us home. It was all I could do to get the tickets and snacks. Once everyone was seated and the movie started I was wiped out. I slept through over an hour of the movie. In the theater. Sitting up.

Today? Today the tide has turned. Though not yet 'normal,' I'm much better. I took the kids to McD's for breakfast, to ice skating lessons, and then to Target. After unloading groceries, I promptly planted on the couch and I've been there ever since. At some point they'll have to pick up the Legos (and stop playing 'will it float?' in the bathroom sink), take off their swimsuits, and turn off the TV, but not yet...

Mommy's resting...


...

5 comments:

Loralee Choate said...

Oh, I SO hear you on this post.

I hope everyone gets well SOON

justme said...

hope you continue to be on the mend. doesn't suck that now hubby is sick, so really the house is sick for about 4 weeks..nice huh.

Mom O Matic said...

Man. I was backing out of our driveway - after taking a Sudafed - and totally hit a white cadillac. It was white. And it was a snowstorm. But I know it was mostly the Sudafed daze that made me do it.

Tree said...

I am glad you are feeling better! I have slept in a movie theater as well.

MamaMaven said...

Glad you are feeling better, I had the same crap last week (and the end of the week before) and it was miserable. Unfortunately I didn't remember the Tylenol cold stuff until I was several days in.

Here's to a full recovery!