Monday, July 16, 2007

Master Bathroom - Before and After

Before, looking in the door. My main dislike is the color, which I picked out last year.
Looking out (I was standing in the bath tub.) You can't really see that the previous owner put a mirror above the toilet. Every time I got out of the show I got to look directly in the mirror. Nice.

Getting started...

Needed a little more storage - a simple 'build' that fit the job.

Sorry for the crappy photography - couldn't get the light to cooperate.

Better lighting. Moved the three window towel rack from above the tub to by the sink.
My 'build.' After getting out of the shower, I like looking at it much better than the mirror.


Better picture of the entrance. New picture from IKEA.
My goal was to create a 'calmer' place. The blue made me twitchy. In all, I am extremely pleased with the result.

6 comments:

Tree said...

LOVE the picture from IKEA - very cool and calming. I think you achieved the desired result.

Good job!

Builder Mama said...

Oooh, I really like that. Much better than the old paint color. Now, if I can just get inspired to do my kitchen and Monkey Man's bathroom....

Karen said...

I love it! I've been trying to convince Andy to take the crappy tiles off our bathroom all, replaster and just paint as I think it looks so much fresher. You've just given me great ammo.

Thanks!!!

*she wanders off with photos to wear her hubby down*

g-man said...

Very nice. I like the shelving and picture.

Mitzi Green said...

did you build the etagere on your own, or did you buy it with "some assembly required?"

Gretchen said...

tree - thanks! I have coveted that picture for awhile now.

BM - I'll send some inspiration your way ;)

Karen - Good luck! Wearing a hubby down is hard work. I prefer to do my projects like this while he's gone... No tile to deal with, though.

Gman - thanks!

Mitzi - Target - some assembly required. Took me about 20 minutes.