Wednesday, June 06, 2007

More on the 20K

Eventually, you'll get tired of hearing about my running, or I'll get tired of running and find something else to write about...


Saturday, we (Dad, Mom, and I) took off about 4:45 for the 7 am race. They live about 45 minutes from the bus pick-up, and it was one of those mornings. You know... grabbed the wrong keys for the car and had to go back in the house, didn't have enough gas and had to get more, had trouble finding a parking spot, very long bus line and had to wait.

Alas, we made it to the start...

See, my dad didn't just run the race, he carried a camera to document it as well.About half way through, we ran over I-35. Another runner was kind enough to take our picture. Those runners are good people. I think my dad looks pretty damn good for over 60 years old. You can see where I get my legs...


It did get a little warm, but was a great day to run. As the miles clicked by, Dad and I kept passing people... Slowly, slowly finishes the race...

The finish, about two blocks from the bus pick up (that drove us to the start). I told my parents next year that we'll stay at the hotel at the finish line. They thought that would be a fine idea.


Mom and Dad will be there to document the marathon experience as well...

7 comments:

Mitzi Green said...

i sit impressed and bow to your greatness.

Tree said...

YAY!!! I love running commentaries, so please do not stop posting about your running. It helps, I think.

You look really good, G. And your dad is such an inspiration. I hope I am still running strong at 60+ yr old.

Good job on the successful race. I am so proud of you!!!

Anonymous said...

You are living my dream! I used to run all the time...now it's just to the bathroom when I get home. *sigh* I miss it.

joansy said...

Congrats!!

Mrs. Wheezer said...

Congrats! I think I hurt just thinking about running that far all at once.

TxGambit said...

Whoohooo! You rock! Great job.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Every single day I say I'm going to start running.. but I never do.

Hubby bought me an ipod.. I filled it w/ headbangin music...
and I don't get on that treadmill..

If I don't go running by 5am here in LV .. forget it..
I heard it is 108 degrees right now..

I wish I had a jogging/running partner...
I used to run.. I was so skinny and I felt so good.

Godfrey, I need to lose 15 lbs.