Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Hump Day

Today's post may be short.

It's been a busy few days and I have blisters on my fingers.

Friday we took off for my parents to meet our friends from KC. My parents were having other company so they put us up in a hotel suite for the night. Saturday, we headed over to my parents.

When I say "we" I mean my friend M and her two kids. And me. And my three. The guys took off for parts unknown for a golf outing and then an Indy Car race. We wouldn't see them again until Sunday night. Even then, they appeared at my parents house only so my dad could grab his clubs and they could get in a 'quick nine.'

Saturday M and I made the trip in town for more diapers and decided it would be fun to do our nails. All well and good. I used my mom's nail polish remover to get my previous polish off.

It took an unusual amount of time.

My fingers felt funny while I was doing it.

I used the other hand.

My thumb and first two fingers have blisters on them. Both hands.

It's been a balancing act to do most anything that involve fine motor skills.

M and I did have a chance to go dress shopping. She has a wedding on Saturday and wanted something new to wear. We found the perfect dress. Except the hem was all raggedy. She asked for a 'deep discount' and got it. I moved the hem up 1/2".

It was the strangest feeling pinning fabric and running it through the machine without really feeling it.

We did have a great time though. The kids were soon acting more like siblings than company. Bicker, bicker, nag, nag.

They took off for home this morning. My kids are wondering where we'll go for 'Water Wednesday.'

It's all good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes. I wonder what was in the bottle?

Mitzi Green said...

yeah, what on earth were you using? even acetone doesn't blister.

Builder Mama said...

Ouch. Was it old nail polish remover?

Very cool you were able to fix M's dress. You da bomb!