Thursday, May 03, 2007

To tell or not to tell...

In two short hours, I'm taking The Boy in for his 5 year check. That means shots.

He knows he has a doctor's appointment, I just don't know if I should tell him or not about the specifics.

I just can't decide if he'll be better off being "surprised" and not really having time to react to it, or briefing him this morning, so he won't be surprised. If I do tell him, he may work himself up into a complete lather over it all. If I don't tell him, he may hold it against me when he grows up.

What am I thinking... I can't start worrying about what he'll hold against me now...

4 comments:

Tree said...

I hope it went better than expected!

I cannot believe he is 5!

Anonymous said...

Don't ask, don't tell!

My daughter isn't even 3 yet and she tells me every time we go to the doctor, "Don't let her pinch my leg." She's already traumatized!

Mitzi Green said...

just don't do what my mother always did--swore up and down i wouldn't have to get shots, when she knew damn good and well i would. the quality of her nursing home decreases with each passing year...

Unknown said...

We warn Declan. But that's what works for him. Hope it goes OK!