Friday, April 13, 2007

Finally Friday

Busy morning. So far, we conquered Target, the drycleaners, the bank, and the Salvation Army.

"Where'd you park your Delorian?"
And because of a drive through at the Salvation Army, I'm 25 pounds lighter. It was time again to clean out my closet. I try and hit it twice a year, spring and fall. I weed out what doesn't fit and what I no longer wear. It's was hard in that I have a bunch of beautiful suits from my life before. I like to think of them as my 'pretty maids all in a row.' Honestly, I got rid of most of my 'work' clothes right after I had my youngest. The took up a lot of room and I knew I wouldn't be going back for awhile. These, though. These will look good for awhile; I just keep moving them around and making room for them.

Treadmill, thy name is Pain.
Yesterday, half way through my 4 mile run, I was a little 'bored.' I decided that I'd do a little hill workout on the treadmill. I was currently cruising at 5.5 (10:54 min mile) and the incline was set to 0.0. At the start of the next minute, I increased the incline 0.5 - and continuted to increase it that much every minute. Around 6.5 incline, I had to decrease the speed to 5.0 (12:00 min mile). I continuted to increase the incline, wondering how far it could. I discovered that it goes to 15.0, but to get that high, I can only go 4.2 (14:17 min mile). As soon as I did my minute at 15.0, I decreased it .5 every 30 seconds. I was a sweaty, drippy, huffing, puffing, red-faced mess when I was done. Made the remainder of the workout go really fast, but my legs are more sore today than they were after the 6 mile run yesterday.

Weighty Issue.
I weighed myself. I continue to stagnate at 204. It doesn't bother me too much, in that I know I'm not eating the best I could. I also know that I'm building quite a bit of muscle with all the running. In fact, my legs look pretty dang good. I'm getting pretty close to my goal of just feeling better with how I look, not necessarily in how much I weigh. Yesterday, though. Yesterday I was notified that my high school reunion is coming up. In six weeks. Yikes. It's not that I want to look like I did in high school, I just want to look good for fifteen years and three kids later. That's not too much to ask, right?

6 comments:

Tree said...

Personally, I think you look awesome!

GREAT workout! I love changing things up on the treadmill as it really does make the time fly. Good job. Hills are so tough and you need only do them once/wk or once every 2 wks.

Builder Mama said...

Um, helloooo...you look fabulous! And let's face it, none of us look like we're 18 anymore, right?

My 20th will be next year. Gulp. I'm just trying to focus on whether Kristy Ferguson is on her 4th husband yet, since she was on her 3rd at our 10 year reunion. It's the little things.

11111111 said...

I read in one of your earlier posts that you wear a size 13 shoe. You got to be some kind of tall.

I have a preoccupancy for height issues. I was a staggering 4-foot-11 when I started high school, so you can guess why.

MamaMaven said...

I have my 20 year reunion this summer and its always in the back of my mind just a little bit. I'm definitely not losing weight because of it but its good for a little additional motivation on occasion. Congrats on the killer hill work out!

GDevers said...

tree- thanks! i don't think i could do hills more than once a week.

bm - thanks! maybe kristi is on #5.

denguy - some kind of tall - yep 6 ft.

heather - it's the motivation i need, for sure.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

You are beautiful...
you'll look great at your reunion...

Funny... my 30th reunion is coming up next summer...
HOLY COW!!
I can't freaking believe I am THAT OLD and it's been 30 years...
sure went by fast...