Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year's is just around the corner

Rather than come up with something new, I should just revisit my resolutions from 2006:

1. Take better care of myself.

I don't mean eat better and exercise more. Sure, that would help, but I mean take time for myself. Take ten minutes and read the paper in the morning, have a cup of tea, perhaps at bed read for a few minutes. Little things.

Update for 2007: Continue to work on this.

2. Be nice.

Be as nice to my family as I am to friends.

Update for 2007: Be more tactful and continue to work on this.

3. Let go.

What's done is done. Nothing more I can do about it. No reason to stew or fret about it. Learn from it and move on.

Update for 2007: Continue to work on this.

4. Look ahead.

Look forward to all the great things out there.

Update for 2007: Continue to work on this.

I do feel I've made some great strides in certain areas - I've been very good about going to the gym and being a little more mindful of what I eat. During the summer I went for a monthly pedicure, which I really enjoyed. I finally got around to buying some 'nice' face wash and moisturizer and can really tell a difference. I recently got my hair cut, which makes a big difference in how I look and feel about myself.

There's always room for improvement, though.

Happy New Year all!

1 comment:

OhTheJoys said...

I need to work on the "Be Nice" one myself.