Saturday, December 30, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Finally.

Arrived home this afternoon to an empty fridge and a packed Suburban. Having the only grandkids on both sides...

Managed to get unloaded, mostly unpacked, five loads of laundry done, and most importantly - made it to the grocery store.

One of the harder things for me about being out of town, staying at someone else's home, is I'm at their mercy for what and when we eat.

Needless to say $200 in groceries later, we'll be eating well this week. Tonight: baked chicken, green beans and baked beans (I let two kids each pick a side dish). Tomorrow: Brisket. At some point this week, I've got a fryer to cook up.

We've also been invited to a New Year's Eve party, and I'll be bringing Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip and Symphony Brownies. If they're any good, I'll post the recipes.

For now, I'm happy to be home. Very. Very. Happy.

3 comments:

Builder Mama said...

Glad you are home safe and sound. What time should I be there for dinner?

Anonymous said...

Dinner sounds good. I love brisket!

I love trips, I just hate the part when you get home and have to unpack everything...it's the worst! LOL

Gretchen said...

BuilderMama- you say when...
Denise- yes, the unpacking is not my favorite!