Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Hump Day

Couple of baby updates:

Exhibit 1:
My friend M had her baby - after the move. Little Miss J held on until Sunday, November 5th. Weighing in at 8 pounds 4 ounces and 20 inches long, she's just a doll.

It's pictures like this that make my heart melt. And make me wish, for a split second...

Exhibit 2:
Also, awhile back I wrote about another friend who had a baby. One of her twins would need heart surgery between 2 and 4 months. Well... he's within days of three months old and is heading for surgery tomorrow. He's looking at a 4 to 5 hour procedure and a 10 day hospital stay after. Provided he doesn't get sick, Luke will be in surgery tomorrow at 8 am. This completely falls under the "why do bad things happen to good people" scenerio. This friend of mine, she's something else - handling this with a calm and grace I don't think I could. I'm sure there are tears at night when no one else can see, but for the most part, she's got as great of an outlook about this as any parent could. Luke, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Exhibit 3:
My sister. She's expecting too. Twins. We're all blown away! I haven't told my kids yet - heck, we didn't tell them about Orlando until two weeks before. The daily, if not hourly questions... I've handled the "how do they get out" with upfront honesty. I'm not quite ready to answer the "how did they get in there." They'll be a great addition to the family.

Babies, babies everywhere... Thankfully mine are growing up. I guess, though, that brings a whole new set of concerns...

No comments: