Monday, August 14, 2006

Snippets

Weight Watch
Week 2 - 199
Down 1 (4 total)

Yea! Considering the stress of the last week, I'm pretty excited. For me, it's all about stress eating. I know it, and will have to work with it. Also, the alcohol consumption plays a big roll, so I've been using diet mixers. It's a start...

Ch-ch-ch-changes
I've changed the header for this blog. I'd grown weary of "Throwing Bananas at Toddlers" and have shortened it to "Bananas and Toddlers." I'm still not completely pleased. If something better comes to mind, I'll probably change it again. If you're linking to me (I think there might be one or two...), and have the time, please change it. If not, no biggie.

Inlaw Invasion
Saturday afternoon, my mother-in-law (MIL) arrived. She'd called around Thursday wondering if we had any plans for the "weekend." She's leaving Wednesday. To celebrate, I'm going to the grocery store by myself. Then maybe the liquor store. Who am I kidding, there's no "maybe" in going to the liquor store.

37 Days - Not 28
Last week was a bit frightening. I was "late." I've only been late three other times. The thoughts of baby #4 swirling around in my head were almost too much for me. I didn't sleep well, didn't eat well, and didn't exercise enough. Yes, we are 'protected,' but the only 100% accurate form of birth control is abstinance and that isn't any fun.

Previously, I have thought of #4. It would be nice for The Boy to have a brother. One more sibling to add to the group. Looking back, I've minimized the work involved with the first year in my mind. I mean, I know it's hard, but at this point, what's one more? It did come up in my mind that I've given away all the baby clothes and all my maternity clothes.

I also came to the conclusion that I am very happy with my family now. Very. The balance we have now is a good one.

I'm finally at peace that we're done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Link fixed. Now make up your mind! LOL

I would love to visit a liquor store! I always have a kid with me so I can't do it. I mean...I could, but no.

Don't say you're done...you'll jinx yourself. ;P

Tree said...

SCARY about 37 days. EEKS!

Good for MIL. I am glad you have some help this week.

WTG on the wt loss! It is the little changes that make the difference in the long run.

I found a liquor store in which one of the owners will stand outside with children while you shop. It's a tiny corner shop and has loads of windows - very good wine and beer selection, mostly, very little hard alcohol.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the weight loss!!! Woo hoo!!! And also congrats on being happy with your balance.