Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Hump Day

The invasion is over. MIL left this morning before anyone else was up. Though it was nice not putting the kids to bed for the last three nights, it was very tiring being watched every single minute.

Today the kids and I are going to the farmer's market. Why? Well, why not... The have one downtown from 11 am to 5 pm.

Last night, I did something I haven't done since PE... Played Kickball. With other adults. Apparently there are enough teams to have two games at 6, 7, 8, and 9. It's a co-ed league, and I felt very outmatched. When I got there, one of them said, "I don't know her yet, but she has to be an improvement on last year." I don't know about that - for right now, I'm a warm body out behind first base. The did ask me if I'd like to be a permanent member. They like me, they really like me...

Finally, yesterday the Toddler had her two year old check. No shots - whoo hoo! She's 35 pounds and 37 1/2 inches tall. Dr. made the point to tell me that she's "a big girl" and to be sure to still treat her like a two year old. He said that if she could be easily mistaken for a three year old. Tell me about it. Silly genetics - no shrimpy kids here.

No comments: