Thursday, August 17, 2006

Rock Star

Early this morning, my husband left for Atlanta. He's got some work to do, and it just happen to coinside with fun stuff too.

Tomorrow night, I'm joining him. I'm leaving the kids with my parents, and for 48 hours, it will be the two of us.

We're going to a Collective Soul concert in Atlanta. They're playing with the Atlanta Youth Orchestra.

My husband is beyond excited.

I'm just trying to figure out what to wear.

Really, should it be that hard? My husband throws on a pair of cargo shorts and a collared shirt. Yesterday at Kohl's, I remembered why I infrequently shop for clothes.

At the start of the summer, I went to Target and picked up 5 tank tops and 2 pair of shorts to fill out my "wardrobe." That's it. I think I wear the same 5 or 6 pair of shorts, occasionally capri's, and either a tank top or a t-shirt. There's not a lot of reason for me to dress up.

Upon arriving at Kohl's, I was greeted by the "Junior" section - cute, but not 30-ish. And not my size, but that's an issue of my own making.

Alas, I head to the "Misses." Good lord. It all looks like... my mom. Not that it's a bad thing, but I'm planning on going to a concert, not a parent-teacher conference. I'm trying to work around a skirt I have at home. What I "need" is something cream colored and moderately "dressy." Not a tank top, or a t-shirt. Something with a little detail.

Either there's a lot of detail... lace or sparkles, or lace and sparkles. Or no detail. Or, they have black, red, white, but no cream. Also, I noticed a lot of teal. Really. Teal. I guess all fashion really does come around.

I don't want to look like I'm trying too hard, or not hard enough. I just want to look "reasonable" as our friend in Atlanta got passes to "Meet the Band." I don't want to look like a complete dork.

Finally, I came upon a shirt. It had the right amount of detail, but was mostly see-through. I found a cami to go under it. Best off, it was buy one get one on that brand. Fine. Free cami.

Now... About shoes...

2 comments:

Mitzi Green said...

damn, that reminds me--i have to figure out what i'm wearing to starlight friday night. crap.

Unknown said...

I could go OFF on this subject for about 12 days - but I won't. Have a blast at Collective Soul - they are awesome!