Friday, August 25, 2006

More Becky Homecky

Last night's efforts:

Grated zucchini - good for zucchini bread, pasta sauces, lasagna.














Zucchini Bread:














Corn - "use of lose" from the farmer's market. Blanched, cut off, bagged, and frozen. If I was doing much more, I'd want one of these. I only had 6 ears, and they filled a quart bag nicely.














Corn, tomatoes and pasta sauce (from the other night)...














There's something really satisfying about all this for me. I've always loved playing in the kitchen. I like knowing that this winter, when it's cold and crappy, I'll be able to pull this out and have a taste of summer.

There's another farmer's market tomorrow. Hmmm...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martha Stewart...move over!!!

Unknown said...

OK, what is that big grating contraption thingee? Way cool.

Gretchen said...

Schloobie - that will cut the corn off the cob- you just slide the corn over it, and the corn pops off on the other side - much, much quicker than using a knife.

Denise - I don't know about that!

Rachelle Jones said...

OK lady a couple of quetions...freezing tomatoes? Does it work? It would be much easier than canning them...and of course chilli, and etc taste so much better in the dead of winter with summer veggies...

please give instructions!!

Thank You!!

AWTM

Gretchen said...

AWTM - I'll post directions tomorrow!

Rachelle Jones said...

thank you...

I keep coming over to check...

I will be back tommorow!!