Thursday, July 27, 2006

More zoo

After the dolphin show, we headed out and picked up our stroller. Kids were hungry, so we found a nice shady spot for lunch. This time I packed two small coolers - one for food and one for drinks - that way, if the were thirsty before lunch, I could easily get a drink verus fighting my way through sandwiches and the like. Kids ate a great lunch and we took off. It was around 1 pm and we walked by the bird pavilion- they had just started a show so we slunk into some seats in the shade. Kids really liked watching the show, and I got goosebumps when they brought out the Bald Eagle.


After that, we headed to the farm. Got to go on a tractor ride - again, the kids thought it was pretty cool. Checked out the goats, cows and calfs, pigs and piglets. Watched butter being made the old fashioned way. Headed back just in time to catch another tractor ride back.


At that point it was time to go home. Really. Kids hadn't started acting up yet, but it was due any minute. Solved the problem of who walks by putting all three in the stroller for two. Kids were agreeable, and I did draw a bit of attention.

Made it to the car and took one last picture. Yes, I am as hot and sweaty as I look. Kids had a great time, and so did I. If only every trip were like this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last picture is darling.

Erika

Tree said...

Love the pics, G! I applaud you for having no fear and getting out of the house. You are inspiring.