Thursday, May 11, 2006

Mid-day meal

One thing that's taken some getting used to with the move - I now have to feed three kids lunch. Might not seem like a big deal - really - going from two kids to three, but the oldest is used to a certain standard for lunch. When she went to school all day, she'd eat school lunch most days. Every month, we'd get the menu and circle the meals she didn't like. I think there were maybe three a month. I'd happily send money to school, glad to the fact that it was one less thing I had to do. The other two would be pretty happy with whatever I got out - cereal, pancakes, "Smart Ones" frozen dinners... most anything. Now, though, I have all three of them and must occasionally pretend to be the parent in regard to feeding times.

In the last few weeks, I've gotten rather lax about lunch. Usually around 11:30 or noon, we'll be finishing up at the gym or running an errand (or two) and I'm all to happy to pick something up. Today was no different. We went to Leann Chin's "Asian To Go". I think they like it for the chop sticks. The girls loved it. Next time I'm getting them an adult entree. The boy, however, didn't want anything to do with it. I don't get it - the chicken is breaded and dipped in sauce - much like chicken nuggets. He wouldn't touch it. That is until I whipped out the chocolate dipped fortune cookie. Upon sight, he giggled with glee and proceeded to spear three pieces of chicken and eat them in rapid succession. Good enough for me. Next time I'm getting him a $1 cheeseburger from mcd's and calling it good.

2 comments:

Tree said...

I'm all about the lean cuisine for dinner or lunch! I cannot imagine how to feed three. Good for you.

Teresa

MPPs Mom said...

This is exactly why I leave DS in school thru lunch on tues/thurs. I cannot do lunch.......so ditto T, good for you!!!!