Monday, May 15, 2006

Extra hour

I get a whole extra hour today! How? Everyone was up early. Whoo hoo! Now... what to do with it.

First off, I stepped on the scale. Big mistake.

Second, we're going to the gym. See #1.

Otherwise, the day's wide open. The weather's supposed to clear up, so maybe a walk to the park. Maybe a picnic. Maybe both. Sunny and a high of 70 - sounds like the perfect day to me.

Naptime, I'm planning on working on the cookbook. I'm hoping to have a mock-up ready for when we visit my parents this weekend. I've been putting this off for too long. Partly, because it's bittersweet working on recipes my Grandma made for years, knowing now she wouldn't recognize one of them. She doesn't even know me anymore.

So, today rather than cursing the fact that I'm up an hour earlier, I'm going to relish it... make the most of what I have now.

No comments: